Thursday, May 30, 2013

Summer Love


(This is not my picture. It has been sourced from another site.)


It might not have been such a hot sunny afternoon for me holed up in my air-conditioned office, but I yearn to take a summer break. Just like in my school-days. Ever since schools have been out, and mum at home, I trudge along to work whilst children are busy playing cricket 9 in the morning.

But today, as I was surfing through Pinterest, I came across this picture and it featured a lot of what my summer holidays constituted of. Books. This picture makes my heart ache. It makes me want to drop all my earthly responsibilities and transport myself in to the safe world of books, happy and secure, flooded in the warm sunlight reading Ruskin Bond or Agatha Christie near that open window. Cross-legged and armed with a cool drink, flipping the pages of a dusty book. I want my summer love back again.

Tell me you want to do it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment